It’s the New Year…and we have a LOT to celebrate and be grateful for!
It has been one year since we officially opened the doors at 300 Boylston Street. We are so fortunate to work with wonderful practice members in a beautiful, state-of-the-art office every single day. Everything we have achieved in the past year is because of you.
We have been overwhelmed by all the positive feedback we regularly receive and are delighted to have had such a positive impact on the health of so many of you.
Here are some of our key accomplishments from 2019:
- We hosted a variety of whole-food, plant-based cooking classes on various topics, including quick breakfast options, holiday appetizers, Thanksgiving dishes and healthy treats. We were fortunate to welcome several great guest chefs into our kitchen including James Beard award winning chef Ana Sortun, Erin Kenney RD, Laura Klein, Rani Polak MD and Shirley Garrett.
- We held monthly guided meditation sessions led by our meditation expert, Daniel Rodman.
- We sponsored booths promoting our practice and our mission to help people achieve healthier lives at The Harvard Lifestyle Medicine: Tools for Promoting Healthy Change Conference, as well as the Massachusetts Conference for Women.
- We maintained an active website, posting blogs about some of our favorite topics as well as our own homegrown Synergy Kitchen recipes.
- We collaborated with the Mass General Cancer Center to offer a free, hands-on culinary medicine class for breast cancer survivors as part of the PAVING the path to wellness program.
In addition to the work we have done on-site to promote our mission and restore health through lifestyle initiatives, we have gained local and national recognition for our work.
Dr. Parks has given lectures to trainees as Harvard medical School and Mass General Hospital throughout the year, as well as at national Lifestyle Medicine Conferences. She is also the editor of a new column titled “Culinary Medicine” as part of the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, a peer- reviewed medical journal.
Kaitlyn officially became certified as a Diplomate of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine and continues to take courses in becoming a Health Coach.
Diane has implemented Lifestyle Medicine changes to her own life and has reaped the many benefits physically and mentally.
We are so fortunate and are looking forward to continued success in 2020! Here is a sneak peek of what’s on the horizon over the next few months:
- Launch of our 7-day “Feed your Heart” plant-based challenge.
- Launch of our 8-week Plant-Powered Lifestyle Program designed to help people prevent and reverse chronic disease.
We are always listening to your feedback in order to provide you with the healthcare experience you deserve. Please let us know how we are doing and how we can improve!
We look forward to partnering with you in health and helping you reach your health goals in 2020.
–Your Synergy Private Health Team