COVID-19 is unfortunately part of our lives for the present. That’s a frightening reality for many people, and it’s a good idea to stay home when you can to minimize your risk—but it’s also important to continue to take care of your health aside from COVID-19. You don’t want to fall behind on important preventative care like vaccines or screenings. You also don’t want to suffer through acute problems because you’re worried about COVID.
At Synergy Private Health, we are taking all possible precautions to provide you with the medical care you need in a safe, secure environment. We’re also offering a variety of options for care, including in-office visits, telehealth, and virtual events.
Here’s what you need to know.
Our in-office safety precautions
If you choose to visit the Synergy Health office, you can expect some new safety procedures, including:
- All patients (and staff) will be pre-screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- All staff and patients are required to wear a face mask at all times unless explicitly told to remove the mask for an exam or procedure.
- We will collect all insurance information by phone and will email you any necessary paperwork prior to your appointment—please complete it and send it back.
- We ask that you come to your appointment alone unless you require assistance or are needed to accompany a minor.
- We’ve increased our meticulous cleaning and sanitation protocols—each exam room and high touch area will be thoroughly cleansed prior to your rooming.
- You will be brought directly to the exam room to eliminate patients in the waiting room.
- We will be limiting the length of office visits as much as possible to reduce risk. Any outstanding issues can be addressed by follow-up—either in-person on a later date or by telehealth.
Personalizing your in-office experience
We recognize that you may still be nervous to visit us in the office, even with our extensive safety precautions in place. We are happy to make additional accommodations as necessary to help you feel comfortable and safe while receiving your medical care.
For example, we can arrange for you to skip the waiting room—it’s possible to access Dr. Parks’ office directly from outside. In some cases, we can even provide your care outside. We’ve drawn blood, given vaccines, and administered COVID tests in the parking lot!
Our telehealth options
When you don’t need an in-person visit, we can arrange to meet via telehealth. We offer virtual video visits via Zoom, which has been adopted by Mass General Brigham. The Zoom account is HIIPA compliant, and it has the highest level of security available.
Phone visits are also an option, but we prefer video—it’s helpful to see you face to face! The Zoom platform also allows us to “screen share,” so we can show you your relevant medical information (like X-rays and other tests) during the visit.
Don’t forget your wellness!
Wellness is so important to your overall health, especially during stressful times. While we can’t host in-person events, we’ve adapted to host the wellness programs you love virtually.
- Mindful Mondays are now online. Please join us on the 1st Monday of each month at 1:00 PM.
- Cooking classes are virtual, too! Our culinary medicine program continues monthly, every 3rd Tuesday at 4:00 PM. We’ll send ingredient lists and prep instructions ahead of time.
We’d love to see you at one of our virtual events.
Remember, it’s important to get the medical care you need—even during the COVID pandemic. We appreciate your support and understanding—and most importantly—for your trust in us as your care providers. Please call us to if you’d like to discuss your personal needs. We are here for you and want to hear from you.