90 Second Blueberry Breakfast Quinoa
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes (not the same as quinoa, try Ancient Harvest brand)
- 1 cup water (or any milk you like)
- 1 tablespoon nut/seed butter (optional)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, 60-90 seconds. Alternately, you can microwave for 2 to 2 ½ minutes, make sure the bowl is double the size of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
- For thicker cereal use less liquid, for thinner cereal use more liquid
- Additionally, you can top with whatever you like; toasted nuts, fresh fruit, dried fruit, chia seeds, granola
- Quinoa flakes are a great source of dietary fiber. They also contain all nine of the essential amino acids and are considered a complete protein.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 98 mg
Total Carbohydrates 42 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Protein 19 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.