Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 2 cups fresh corn (2 to 3 ears)
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 15-ounce can black beans (or 1 1/2 cups cooked beans)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the fresh salsa, shuck the corn cobs and cut off corn kernels. Place the corn on a baking sheet in a single layer and broil 5 minutes until tender and bright yellow.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Drain and rinse the black beans very well by placing them in a bowl with water, then thoroughly drain (this step is important to avoid incorporating the can juice, and is not necessary for cooked beans.)
- Chop the cilantro. Juice 2 limes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn, tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and kosher salt. Stir to combine; taste and adjust additional seasonings as desired.