Chipotle and Rosemary Roasted Nuts
Yield 8-10 servings
Recipe by Synergy Private Health, inspired by: The Barefoot Contessa
These make an excellent snack or topper for things like smoothies, salads, oats, baked oatmeal, pancakes, and roasted sweet potatoes. They also make a lovely gift! Portion into small jars, tie with ribbon or twine, and give the gift of plant-based goodness.
- Olive or canola oil
- 3cups whole roasted unsalted cashews (14 oz)
- 2cups whole raw walnuts halves (7 oz)
- 2 cups whole pecan halves (7 oz)
- ½ cup whole almonds (3 oz)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tb vanilla
- 3 Tb freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 4 Tb minced fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- 4 tsp salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan generously with vegetable oil or spray with oil. Combine the cashews, walnuts, pecans, almonds, 2 Tb vegetable oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, orange juice and the chipotle powder on the sheet pan. Toss to coat the nuts evenly. Add 2 Tb of the rosemary and 2 tsp of salt and toss again.
- Spread the nuts in one layer. Roast the nuts for 25 minutes stirring twice with a large metal spatula, until the nuts are glazed and golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 2 more tsp salt and the remaining 2 Tb rosemary.
- Toss well and set aside at room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking as they cool. Taste for seasoning. Serve warm or cool completely and store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Recipe by Synergy Private Health at https://synergyprivatehealth.com/recipes/chipoltle-and-rosemary-roasted-nuts/