- 8 ounces dried pitted dates (about 1 ¾ cups)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut for rolling (optional, use natural food coloring to add color to your holiday snowballs and or roll in cacao powder)
- Process dates, oats, peanut butter, chocolate and salt in food processor until well blended, about one minute. Divide the mixture evenly into 16 balls, about 2 Tbsp each.
- Roll ball in shredded coconut until well coated. Optional, roll some balls in cacao powder.