Dark Chocolate Holiday Bark
Recipe Adapted from Cookieandkate.com
- 12 ounces quality dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (70% cocao content)
- ¾ cup raw nuts or seeds (choose from almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, pistachios and/or pepitas)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit (dried cherries, apricots and/or candied ginger—chopped if large)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Optional, If you have time, toast the nuts/seeds: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Toast the nuts/seeds on a rimmed baking sheet until fragrant and turning lightly golden on the edges, about 6 to 9 minutes.
- Transfer nuts to a cutting board and roughly chop them.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each one. Don’t overdo it. The chocolate is done when it’s about 90% melted—keep stirring off the heat and the pieces should completely dissolve. (Alternately, you can melt it in a heat-proof bowl, set over a saucepan of gently simmering water.)
- Cover a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a silicone or rubber spatula to spread chocolate evenly over the center area of the baking sheet
- Sprinkle nuts evenly over the chocolate, followed by the dried fruit. Lightly use your palms to press the toppings into the chocolate.
- Let the chocolate cool at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours, until completely hardened. Alternatively, for quick cooling, place the pan on a flat surface in the refrigerator to harden for about 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is completely hardened, use your hands to break it into pieces. Serve immediately, or cover and store at room temperature for up to 1 week.