Grain Salad with Grilled Summer Vegetables
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 green zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 2 yellow zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cups grain of choice (farro, quinoa, barley, whole grain pasta); prepare according to package
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic, slowly add the olive oil and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour ½ the marinade over the chopped vegetables and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the grain according to package if you have not done so in advance.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 25-30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place prepared grain into a large serving bowl, add the grilled vegetables and basil and toss with the remaining vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe by Synergy Private Health at https://synergyprivatehealth.com/recipes/grain-salad-with-grilled-summer-vegetables/