Grilled Apple Compote
- 4 each honeycrisp and Macintosh apples, rinsed, cored and peeled. Cut into ½ inch thick slices and toss into bowl with a teaspoon lemon juice and ½ cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 bunch mint, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat. Remove apples from lemon water and place on grill. Carefully mark on grill and then turn over and mark other side. Put aside to cool.
- In sauce pan, combine orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Dice grilled apples and add to sauce. Simmer for 20-25 minutes-stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Right before service, add chopped mint.