Grilled Petite Polenta Stacks with Mediterranean Vegetables and Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 2 cups polenta corn meal
- 8 cups warm water
- 3 TBS minced fresh herbs such as basil or parsley
- 2 eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, seeded and stemmed, cut into large dice
- 2 Green Zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 Yellow Squash, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 Red Onions, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette:
- 3 minced shallots
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 TBS minced fresh basil
- Heat Water in small sauce pan, slowly add Polenta Corn Meal and stir, making sure to mix constantly to prevent lumps. Simmer polenta on low heat until the mixture is well incorporated. Add fresh herbs.
- Grease a sheet pan and pour polenta mixture. Using Spatula, spread polenta evenly. Place parchment paper on top and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, lightly grill the vegetables and put aside.
- Make the lemon shallot vinaigrette.
- Using a small cookie cutter or round mold, cut out small circles of polenta. You should have 2 polenta pieces per stack.
- To assemble: put one polenta round on tray, alternate with grilled vegetables and top with final polenta round. Use a skewer or large toothpick to hold stacks together.
- Right before service, drizzle on Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette