Guacamole with Peas
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 1 large ripe avocado, flesh only
- 1 cup frozen green peas, defrosted 5 minutes in a bowl of room temperature water
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves (about a small handful)
- Juice of one lime (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen corn, defrosted 5 minutes in a bowl of room temperature water (optional)
- Food Processor Method (Recommended): Add the whole peeled garlic clove to the food processor and process it alone until very finely chopped.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the corn and pulse 4-5 times to combine, then process 10-15 seconds until the desired texture is achieved. Remove the blade and fold in the corn.
- By Hand (use this method if you don't have a food processor): Press or grate the garlic into the bottle of a large bowl then add the rest of the ingredients except the corn. Smash all ingredients together using the back of a large fork or wooden spoon until well combine and the desired texture is achieved. Fold in the corn if using.
Make your own sweet potato and beet chips by thinly slicing a large sweet potato and beet on a mandolin slicer. Toss with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and spread evenly on a baking rack set on top of a baking sheet. Bake in batches at 400° until the edges are lightly browned on the edges.
Recipe by Synergy Private Health at https://synergyprivatehealth.com/recipes/guacamole-with-peas/