Healthy Crunchy Coleslaw
Try this coleslaw as a side to our Portobello Mushroom Burgers!
For the slaw:
- ½ medium head of purple cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups shredded cabbage)
- ½ medium head of green cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups shredded cabbage)
- 2 heaping cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- ½ cup green onion (green part only)
- ½ cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp pure maple syrup, depending how sweet you like your slaw
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Add all the ingredients for the slaw to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Pour all over the slaw and toss well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Cover and place in fridge for at least an hour to allow flavors to marinate together.
- Toss with pepitas and serve.