Individual Apple Crisps
- 4 Gala apples
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour (or flour of your choice)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons+2 teaspoons avocado oil (or a neutral oil)
- 2 tablespoons plain dairy free Greek style yogurt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Optional toppings: lemon zest, coconut ice cream, yogurt substitute
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking pan (13 x 9)
- Cut apples in half and use a paring knife to carefully cut out the cores and discard them.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients using a large spoon to mix well.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough onto each apple half, use your hands to make a mound.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden. The apples will continue to cook after they come out of the oven.
- Serve topped with lemon zest, non-dairy ice cream or dairy-free Greek yogurt.