Messaged Kale Salad
Yield 5 cups
- 1 bunch kale (any kind will do; dinosaur, curly, baby kale)
- 1 Tb extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tb freshly squeeze lemon juice, from 1/2 lemon
- Tear into bite size strips.
- In a large bowl combine the kale with oil and salt.
- Using your hands (with gloves on), massage the kale for 3 minutes until the kale softens.
- Toss with the lemon juice.
- Optional: toss with grated parmesan cheese or vegan cheese (see recipe.)
Will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.