Yield 1 cup
Adapted from Michelle Hauser, as presented at the 2021 Healthy Kitchens, Healthy Lives® conference.
- 1 Cup peanut butter, creamy, unsalted, natural (substitute other nut butters)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or tamari, low-sodium
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 4-6 Tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup Cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup Scallions, finely chopped (optional)
- Whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, and ginger.
- Thin with hot water to a desired consistency.
- You can either stir cilantro and scallions into the sauce or set aside and use them for garnish.