Adapted from Eva Katz – NuCook.org
- ½ pound radishes - sliced or any fresh vegetables such as cucumbers, purple onions, green beans, sliced fennel, sliced chilis.
- 2 springs fresh dill or other herbs such as thyme or rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed or sliced (optional)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup vinegar (white, apple cider or rice)
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ - 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 - 2 teaspoons whole spices such as black peppercorns, coriander, or mustard seeds (optional)
- Place vegetables, herbs and garlic (if using) in a 16 oz. mason jar with lid.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, simmer the vinegar, water, spices (if using) sugar, and salt, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Pour the brine over the vegetables. Let cool to room temp, then cover and chill for at least 30 mins. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.