Raw Cacao Bites
(Adapted from Simple Vegan Blog)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates – pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao (powdered or cacao nibs)
- Place walnuts in food processor and blend until they have a crumbly texture.
- Add the dates and cacao and blend again.
- Make 1” balls with your hands (or use a mellon baller).
- Store in sealed container at room temp or keep in fridge.
- Roll balls in cacao powder for a fancy touch.
- Pre portion the balls out so only eat a few at a time (it’s tempting to eat them all!).
- Add dried fruit, seeds, nuts, cayenne or other spices to kick it up.