Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Tahini Verde
Yield 4 Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 whole cauliflower- leaves trimmed (leave stem in tact)- sliced into ½ inch thick steaks
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 3–4 tsp zaatar spice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
Green Tahini Sauce:
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 Tb lemon juice
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ bunch cilantro (stems okay)
- ½ bunch flat parsley (trim stems)
- 3-4 slices jalapeno
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ½ cup tahini
Preheat oven to 425F.
- Trim leaves off cauliflower leaving the long stem intact. Slice the very end off the stem. Slice the Cauliflower into 5-6 slices about ½ inches thick.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle generously with spices and place on a parchment lined sheet pan, making sure the steaks don’t touch, use extra sheet pans if necessary, roast until fork tender about 20-25 minutes.
- In a small skillet over med heat, toast pine nuts until brown, stirring often, immediately transfer to plate to cool.
- To make Tahini Verde, place all the ingredients except the tahini paste in the blender and blend until combined (but not smooth). Add paste and blend again until desired smoothness. Adjust salt.
- Serve Cauliflower Steaks drizzled with Tahini Verde Sauce and topped with toasted pine nuts.
Use leftover sauce as dressing for salads or over other roasted vegetables during the week.