Sesame Tahini Caramel Corn
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Optional – add ½ cup chopped nuts or dried fruit of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the maple syrup to a boil over medium heat. Keep a watchful eye on the syrup and continue boiling for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, reducing heat only if necessary to prevent overflow. Remove the pot from heat.
- Add the tahini, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon to the pot of maple syrup. Whisk until well blended, then drizzle the maple mixture over the popcorn. Gently toss with a rubber spatula or big spoon until well mixed. Pour the popcorn onto the parchment-covered baking sheet and arrange it in a single layer. Evenly sprinkle sesame seeds over the popcorn.
- Bake the popcorn for 6 minutes, then rotate the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional cinnamon and salt, to taste. The popcorn will continue to crisp up as it cools. Once it’s cool, break the popcorn into pieces (or leave them in chunks!) and serve.
- Popcorn stays crisp for up to 3 days in an air-tight container.
Recipe by Synergy Private Health at https://synergyprivatehealth.com/recipes/sesame-tahini-caramel-corn/