1 Wholegrain baguette
Creamy cashew cheese:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water 4-8 hours, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Strawberry mojito bruschetta topping:
- 8 oz fresh strawberries hulled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the baguette directly onto the oven rack and bake until lightly browned on the outside, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. (Leave the oven on if you plan on making the balsamic bell pepper bruschetta topping.)
Prepare the creamy cashew cheese:
- While the baguette bakes, place all ingredients for the creamy cashew cheese into a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. You can add an extra splash or two of milk if needed, but don’t let the mixture get too thin.
To make the strawberry mojito bruschetta topping:
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and stir to combine.
To finish and serve the bruschetta:
- Once the baguette is cool, preheat your oven’s broiler. Cut the baguette into ½ inch thick slices. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet and place it under the broiler. Broil just until the slices begin to brown on top, about 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning.
- Slather the tops of the slices with the creamy cashew cheese, then spoon the bruschetta topping over the cheese.