- 2 TBS canola oil
- 4 white onions, peeled and small dice
- 5 each: red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper, small dice
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 4 lbs vegan burgers, thawed and cut into small pieces
- 4 lbs cooked red kidney beans
- 2 lbs diced tomatoes
- 1 lb tomato paste
- 2 TBS each: chili powder, cumin, paprika
- 1 TBS each: cayenne pepper, dried oregano (2 TBS if using fresh)
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 bunch scallion, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: hot sauce
- Heat oil in large pot. Saute onions, peppers and garlic until softened.
- Add veggie burgers, kidney beans, canned tomatoes, spices and herbs and simmer for 30-45 minutes. If chili is too dry, add a little warm water.
- Right before service, taste for salt and pepper. Top with cilantro and scallions. Add hot sauce, if desired.