Warm Kale Salad with Roasted Beets and Sweet Potatoes
Yield 2 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium beets, washed
- 1 sweet potato, scrubbed and dried
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bunch curly kale, washed and dried
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 oz parmesan cheese (or cashew cheese)
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange beets on half of baking sheet and potatoes on other half. Spray with olive oil cooking spray if desired. Place in oven and roast for 20-30 mins. until fork tender.
- Heat oil in large saucepan, add in minced garlic.
- Tear kale into small pieces, removing the stems.
- Add them to the oil and toss to coat.
- Cook kale over medium heat for 2 minutes, just until it softens.
- Toss with lemon juice, cheese, sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes. Arrange sweet potatoes and beets over salad.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.